Vodafone Uses Business Intelligence to Improve Customer Growth and Retention Plans
Company: Vodafone New Zealand Ltd, a subsidiary of the U.K
Vodafone needed to make a wholesale shift to analytical marketing. Using business intelligence (Bi) that could rapidly provide fact – based decision support . To help the company deliver the right message to the appropriate customers when they wanted it ,Using the preferred channel .
Questions for the case
1. What were the challenges for Vodafone New Zealand?
Challenges were :
* How to increase profit margins
* How to add revenue streams from these customers; And how to to keep them as customers .
Vodafone needed to make better decision based on real-time Knowledge of its market, customers , and competitors .
2. How did it address these issues ?
* First , Vodafone formed a customer knowledge and analysis department to conduct analysis, modeling , market research , and competitive intelligence.
* Vodafone implemented an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) to obtain a single view of all of the information in the organization . EDW permits a well-integrated view of all of the organization’s information to allow generation of predefined or ad hoc queries and reports online analytical processing, and predictive analysis.
3. List the tools used by Vodafone’s applications.
In addition to the Teradata data warehouse platform , many other software tools, such as KXEN, SAS, and SPSS, were also used to build models and generate insights.
4. What benefits are being derived from this initiative?
Perhaps the biggest benefit of the EDW is that the analysts can spend more time generating insights than managing data. The system also provides better information to decision makers to support the decision-making process.
Vodafone is developing an application to optimize both revenue and prioritization of customer offers.
With Teradata EDW platform and all the relevant tools, it brings all...