Welcome

Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Underage Pregnancy Essay

  • Submitted by: emmmanuelb
  • on February 26, 2014
  • Category: English
  • Length: 1,319 words

Open Document

Below is an essay on "Underage Pregnancy" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

Underage Pregnancy                                                                   Emmanuel Blessing
Why welcome a child to the world without any definite sort of stability? Without a stable home, income, family or future. Teenage pregnancy is becoming one of the most alarming problems of the 21st century. Many individuals are involving themselves in sexual intercourse with partner for the occurring thought/reason of being “in” with friends or “ready” (some countries even celebrate early teenage pregnancy, as it is a clear sign of fertility). A teenage girl being pregnant before the stage of adulthood is shamed upon whether it is said or not, the thought of a girl whose body is still trying to develop while developing another body is seen to be shocking by many.   The UK has the highest teenage birth and abortion rates in Western Europe. Rates of teenage births are five times of those in the Netherlands, double of those in France and more than twice of those in Germany. It was also reported that groups who are more vulnerable to becoming teenage parents include young people who are: in or leaving care, homeless, underachieving at school, children of teenage parents, members of specific ethnic groups, involved in crime, living in areas with higher social deprivation , lacking of freedom. Surely it’s time for us to fight this issue at its root?
We interviewed 100 teenagers across Great Britain. Of these 100, only 25% knew more than one form of contraception. Schools need to be teaching kids, from an early age, how to protect themselves against not only pregnancy, but also unwanted STDs (Chlamydia, HIV and aids). Question included were of general knowledge such as, name three STD? , how long those it take before a mothers ready to give birth , to my shock only 39% of students knew the answer leaving 61% confused. They were then asked to demonstrate the correct way of applying a condom an embarrassed 67% knew how to demonstrate this action. I interview a girl who...

Show More


Citations

MLA Citation

"Underage Pregnancy". Anti Essays. 11 Dec. 2018

<http://parimatchstavki7.com/free-essays/Underage-Pregnancy-586603.html>

APA Citation

Underage Pregnancy. Anti Essays. Retrieved December 11, 2018, from the World Wide Web: http://parimatchstavki7.com/free-essays/Underage-Pregnancy-586603.html