Tina Case Study Answers
NOW, Answer these questions about Tina for the assignment:
Part 1: Diagnosis
1. Refer to the DSM-V checklists in your textbook for the following three diagnostic categories:
* Generalized Anxiety Disorder – Please list ALL of the diagnostic criteria for this disorder.
* GAD is characterized by someone who experiences an overabundance of anxiety and who worries about almost anything and/or everything for at least 6 months (ADAA, 2014).
* This anxiety and worry are associated with at least three of the following symptoms:
* Restlessness or feeling on edge,
* Tiring easily,
* Difficulty concentrating,
* Muscle tension
* Problems sleeping
* People find it difficult to control the worry and the worry is not confined to one specific thing.
* There is distress in aspects of life such as social and occupational functioning.
* Phobia – Please list ALL diagnostic criteria for this disorder?
* Phobia is characterized by persistent and unreasonable fear of an object, activity, and/or situation.
* When encountering or even thinking about these specific objects, activities, or situations fear immediately presents itself and an immediate anxiety response is provoked.
* People who are suffering from phobias can often realize that their fear is irrational but thinking about it causes extreme anxiety.
* People with phobias usually have a feeling of distress that is so intense that it interferes with life by disrupting daily routines, limiting work efficiency, reducing self-esteem, and placing a strain on relationships with friends, family, coworkers, and spouses.
* Symptoms must last at least 6 months for people under 18.
* Panic disorder - with and without agoraphobia – please list ALL the diagnostic criteria for this disorder?
* Panic disorder without agoraphobia...