Running Head: CASE STUDY: STARBUCK’S STRUCTURE 1
Starbucks’ Case Study
MGT 330 – Management for Organizations
01 June 2014
CASE STUDY: STARBUCKS STRUCTURE 1
Job Description of a Starbucks Shift Supervisor
1. Educational Level: At least a High School Diploma. Certificate of Completion of a Basic Food & Beverage Preparation from a recognized learning institution offering Hotel & Restaurant Courses is a plus.
2. Experience: Highly preferred to assume the post of Shift Supervisor are organic personnel who have successfully served as Starbucks Baristas for at least one-year and who are recommended or who applied for the position and passed the company’s selection process for Shift Supervisor.
3. Special Skills, Physical:
Able to communicate effectively with customers and all levels of the company
People relations skills
Ability to follow and lead as part of a team
4. Special Skills, Technical:
* Must have undergone the required Starbucks Selection Process and Aptitude Test and upon passing, the company’s Training Program for Shift Managers at the Career Center.
* Knowledgeable of the retail operations from customer relations to supervision of
* Baristas, point-of-sale cash register, inventory management, receiving and store
5. Personality Traits: Proactive, good listener, persuasive speaker and loyally adheres to the company’s business philosophy and culture.
6. Legal Requirements: Must be between 21 to 25 years old, must have passed and obtained permits required by law on health, have no legal liabilities nor record of conviction or pending cases. Knowledgeable with all the basic laws and legal requirements in operating a food service business as well as the legal rights of customers and co-employees....