Online Learning Environment Navigation Guide
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud and the GCU Web site have many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the first 9 questions below. Search the GCU Web site for answers to the second set of 10 questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating LoudCloud and the GCU Web site.
Use this completed guide to assist you when completing the “Navigating the Online Learning Environment Quiz” due at the end of Module 1.
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
2. From the course home page in LoudCloud, click on the “Tasks” tab and then click on “Forums”. Make notes on the various forums and their purposes.
3. Under the Resources Tab in LoudCloud, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Writing Center link. What writing style is required for most 500-level courses at GCU?
4. Under the Resources Tab in LoudCloud, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Resources tab at the top. List the resources available under this tab.
5. Under the Resources Tab in LoudCloud, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Tools for Success tab at the top. What videos are available for students under the Success Webinars section?
6. From the course home page in LoudCloud, click the Reports tab at the top of the screen. List the contents of this tab and what they allow students to do.
7. Click on the Resources Tab in the classroom. List each section. Review each section and list what you find in it.
8. Find and review the contents of the syllabus. List any info about the syllabus you feel is important to remember.
9. Go to http://library.gcu.edu....