What I see as the biggest challenges young adults face today
* General Purpose- The general purpose of this speech is to inform people on what I think are the biggest challenges that young adults face today.
* Specific Purpose-The specific purpose is to persuade young adults to make better choices to overcome their present and future challenges.
* Central idea- I think that young adults should consider their futures. I also believe that they should follow the past life examples of the generations before them and use them as a blueprint to their lives. Learn not make the wrong choices in life that could lead them down the wrong path.
One of the contributing challenges in a young adult’s life is the factor of employability that many face in this day and age.
Key point #1 The lack of employability caused by criminal convictions.
Key point #2 The lack of education.
Key point #3 Drugs and Alcohol
Body of the Presentation:
Main Point #1- Young adults sometimes make lifestyle choices that are detrimental to their future.
1. Supporting material-Some young adults make choices to indulge in criminal activity. / www.urban.org
2. Supporting material-A lot of young adults adopt the “Sink or swim” mindset because of a sense of urgency causing them to do so. / www.allenwestrepublic.com
Main Point #2- Many young adults believe in coasting through life without lack of responsibility, thus not achieving educational goals.
1. Supporting material- Many young adults still have their parents assisting them in this mode of life. / www.empoweringparents.com
2. Supporting material- Lack of maturity contributes to this factor. / www.dumblittleman.com
Main Point #3- Many young adults has tried drugs and/or alcohol.
1. Supporting material- This has weakened their health and contributed to development of other antisocial behavior. / www.kidshealth.org
2. Supporting material- Easy access of the drug and ineffective...