This coursework is for all students who are currently studying CCM2426
Deadline: This assignment must be submitted electronically via the link on the CCM2426 page by the end of week 6.
Learning Outcomes: This coursework will enable you to meet the following learning outcomes of the module.
1. Apply appropriate management strategies and tools to analyse, plan, implement and evaluate a project.
2. Exercise judgement to ensure successful project outcomes within the constraints of professional practice
1. Be able to conduct research effectively under minimal supervision drawing on a wide variety of sources (including libraries, the Internet and electronic catalogues), and be proficient in referencing sources of information
2. Work effectively; autonomously
3. Learn effectively for life-long personal and career development.
Objective: This assignment will demonstrate your ability to identify and explain how relevant project management tools can be used to support the successful completion of a technical project.
Background: An organisation has decided to upgrade its staff computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. An open source operating system was not considered due to support issues.
The upgrade is to be carried out by a number of the technicians from the in house technical support unit. The unit has six members of staff of whom two are experienced in dealing directly with end users (this experience is likely to be relevant for the task). All the technicians need to be trained in Windows 7 installation and use; this training will require at least some of the staff attending external courses although later on training could take place in house by the use of peer observation and support. There is a need to ensure that the other activities of the technical support unit are not adversely affected by upgrade and to ensure consistency in technical support.
The approximately 400 machines to be upgraded include desktop and...