I. Decide if the following statements are true (T) or false (F) in Britain.
1. Most of the English have a full traditional breakfast with many courses.
2. There are only Christianity religions in the UK.
3. British people pay a lot of attention to food and drink.
4. Most people live in the countryside than in the city.
5. Nothing becomes British law without the Monarch’s signature.
6. About 1/5 of the total population of UK lives in the Greater London area.
7. In Britain, most people live in the countryside rather than in towns or cities.
8. Britain has both “restaurant culture” and a “café society”.
9. The capital of Northern Ireland is famous for the manufacture of linen.
10. The lower chamber is known as the House of Lords.
11. The UK has only two political parties.
12. The longest river in Britain is The River Thames.
13. Northern Ireland was the last to be incorporated into the UK.
14. English people today drink more tea than coffee.
15. Most school children in Britain go to public schools.
16. In Britain, the west has more rain than the east.
17. Most public holidays occur either just before or after a weekend.
18. The word “Parliament” was first used in England in the 12th century.
19. The UK lies in the northwest coast of Europe.
20. The British work more hours per week than people do in other European countries.
21. England is the land of tradition at all levels of life.
22. The first underground railway system in the world was in London.
23. All television channels have advertisements.
24. Hadrian’s wall was built in the Germanic period.
25. In Britain, children go to nursery schools at the age of 3.
26. Britain and good food are two things which are not commonly associated.