For the general survey in the village ask such and similar questions given after this aparagraph. But before those ans/answers NOTE DOWN ANSWERS SERIOUSLY for these initial questions: name of the family head; house address, part of the village etc.. No. of members in the family; male/female; ages; Caste; Religion; How much the family pays approximately per month for electricity and how much for petrol/diesel and how much for food [ these 3 are proxy questions are for ‘Annual income’ which in most cases they may not be forthcoming to tell or close to truth!] –
General health-seeking behavior – beyond eye-care [i.e how often do they go to doctors, how far, do they still trust more in local remedies for ailment; what kind of ailments and for what kind of problems they go to proper allopathic clinic/hospital. Are there any Ayurvedic/Unani/Sidha/Homeoptathy clinic/doctor options. How much on an average they spend for consultations/treatments?
Eye- care: Similar questions like above specifically for eye-care. In addition you add some questions like:
Do you feel that the eye needs special attention as compared to other parts of the body/other ailments?
What is your main source of information about eye-health, eye-care etc. Who tell you things regarding these..
1. How do you take care of your eye…Do you go to eye clinic/doctor in the neighbourhood
* Are you aware of S.Netralaya van visits.
2. Why didn’t you attend the session?
3. Would you have come if the session was on a weekday/weekend?
4. Was the consultation fee the reason for you not attending?
5. Would you have come if transportation was provided to the camp?
6. How conscious are you about your ‘eye-health’
7. Are of aware of common eye-related disease.
8. Have you come across people with eye related illnesses in your family and close circles and therefore aware of the problems/pains involved?
For participants: [Also for these...