Edward Amador Ms.Rosales
Women History Project
Sadie Charrington (My grandmother)
• What is your full name? Why did your parents select this name for you? Did you have a nickname? Sadie Evadinie (Monroe) Charrington; father chose the first name because that was the name of his boss. She was a perfect example of what a lady should be.
• When and where were you born? Barbery Hill ,Lucea, Hanouver, Jamaica; Dec. 10.
• How did your family come to live there? Her family was born and raised there.
• Were there other family members in the area? Who? Her aunt, uncle and thier family, another uncle and another grandmother.
• What was the house (apartment, farm, etc.) like? How many rooms? Bathrooms? Did it have electricity? Indoor plumbing? Telephones? My grandmother lived in a house with 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The house did have electricity, indoor plumbing, and 1 main landline telephone.
• Were there any special items in the house that you remember? The piano.
• What is your earliest childhood memory? My grandmother's family owned property that was seperate from her house and it had a mangoe tree and a banana tree. They would always pick mangoes and bananas.
• Describe the personalities of your family members. "All of my family was loving, caring, and responsible."
• What kind of games did you play growing up? My grandmother enjoyed skipping rope and playing hopscotch.
• What was your favorite toy and why? My grandmother's favorite toy was doll. She enjoyed making and sewing clothes for the doll.
• What was your favorite thing to do for fun (movies, beach, etc.)? She enjoyed playing with a ball outside and going to the beach and playing in the sand and water
• Did you have family chores? What were they? Which was your least favorite? She had to tidy her room, clean around the house and help the parents with groceries. Her least favorite was cleaning around the house.
• Did you receive an allowance?...