Physics Internet Scavenger Hunt
1. Which horses on a carousel is moving faster; the ones on the inside or the ones on the outside? Explain your choice. The horses on the outside of the carousel have a faster liner because they have to cover a further distance in the same time as the horses on the inside.
2. Which law of motion explains what happens during a ride on the bumper cars? Give an example. The third motion, if one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body which explain why you feel a jolt when you collide with another bumper car.
3. Where do riders have a feeling of weightlessness on pendulum-type ride? At what point on the pendulum rides do riders feel the highest g-forces? Riders often experience near-weightlessness as they approach the top of a pendulum ride. At the bottom is where they feel the highest g-force.
4. Explain the weightless water trick. When the cup is at rest, the force of gravity pulls downward upon the water. At the location of the holes, there is nothing to balance gravity's force and prevent water from spilling out of the cup. However, when the cup is in free fall, the water will not leak, making it seem as though the water is not experiencing the downward pull of gravity. It is merely falling to the ground at the same rate as its surroundings
5. Out of the 270 million people who has amusement parks annually how many require a trip to the emergency room?...