Select a local firm/organization and write a strategic plan for this firm/organization. Cite relevant management theories to support your methodology, analysis and conclusion.
The marking scheme for the individual project is as follows:
1. Table of Contents 2 pts
• Show topic item and page number.
2. Executive Summary 7 pts
• Give a synopsis of the content of the paper.
3. Introduction /Background 5 pts
• Identify the selected organisation and the industry in which it operates.
• Provide a brief history.
4. Methodology 5 pts
• State the method to be used in preparing and presenting this paper.
5. Critique and/or write a Vision and Mission for the org. 10 pts
6. External Factor Evaluation 10 pts
• Complete an EFE and present same along with explanation or justification of the weightings and ratings applied.
7. An analysis of the organisation’s internal environment. 20 pts
• Complete an IFE Matrix and present same along with explanation or justification of the weightings and ratings applied.
8. Financial Analysis. 15 pts
• Calculate one ratio from each category covered in the course and comment on the organisation’s performance over at least a three year period.
• Comment on the organisation’s performance relative to industry standards.
• Depending on the organisation, you may find that the financial ratios may not apply; then budgetary issues, funds allocation and funds usage may have to be used. Be creative in the method used to analyse the organisation’s financial position.
9. Business Strategy 15 pts
• Identify and assess the company’s/organisation’s current business strategy.
• Comment on any changes in strategy(ies)during the last 3-5 years.
• Comment on the appropriateness of the strategy (ies) utilized by the company.
• Make recommendations for change if need be.