(Dino Roldan and Lodee Paguipag)
FOCUS TASK (TOPIC): My Daily Routine
LEVEL : EARLY INTERMEDIATE (Young Adults)
At the end of the lesson, the students are expected to:
1. Vocabulary: Use the proper words to tell about their daily activities.
2. Grammar/Language Structure: Use the simple present tense and adverbs of frequency when talking about daily routines.
3. Reading into Writing: Complete paragraph using vocabulary appropriate when talking about daily routines.
4. Listening to Speaking: Interview a student on his daily activities.
1. Text: “DAILY ROUTINE OF ROBERT STANWAY”
3. White board
5. Computer and projector for presentation
I. Language/Vocabulary. The class will be divided into two groups. The groups will take turns in completing the sentence by substituting the pictures with words.
Get up | Take a shower | Gets dressed/puts on clothes |
Eats breakfast | Brush my teeth | Goes to school |
Go to bed/sleep |
1. I at 6:00 in the morning. (get up)
2. We should always . (take a shower)
3. He after he showers. (gets dressed/puts on clothes)
4. My sisterevery day. (eats breakfast)
5. I three times a day. (brush my teeth)
6. Every day, the boy by bike. (goes to school)
7. I at 9:00 in the evening. (go to bed/sleep)
LANGUAGE STRUCTURE/GRAMMAR FOCUS
The teacher reads the text aloud once while the students follow reading silently. After that, the students will look for a partner and they will work together to complete the table that follows.
DAILY ROUTINE OF ROBERT STANWAY
I usually get up very early - at about 6 o’clock. I have breakfast with
my wife, and then leave for work at 7:15. I go to work by train, and get
to the office just before nine.
When I arrive at the office, I always check my email. I get a lot of
messages from our overseas offices. Then I usually...