• The characteristics for the leadership quality should be innovates, develops, focuses on people, inspires trust, asks what and why, eye on the horizon, own person, does the right things.
• Leadership has been described as “a process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task", although there are also other in-depth definitions of leadership.
• Leadership is "organizing a group of people to achieve a common goal".
• Studies of leadership have produced theories involving traits, situational interaction, function, behavior, power, vision and values, charisma, and intelligence, among others.
• Scouller proposed the Three Levels of Leadership model, which was later categorized as an “Integrated Psychological” theory on the Businessballs education website.
The three levels in his model are Public, Private and Personal leadership:
• The first two – public and private leadership – are “outer” behavioral levels.
• These dimensions are: (1) a shared, motivating group purpose; (2) action, progress and results; (3) collective unity or team spirit; (4) individual selection and motivation.
• Public leadership focuses on the 34 behaviors involved in influencing two or more people simultaneously.
• Private leadership covers the 14 behaviors needed to influence individuals one to one.
• The third – personal leadership – is an “inner” level and concerns a person’s growth toward greater leadership presence, knowhow and skill.
• Working on one’s personal leadership has three aspects: (1) Technical knowhow and skill (2) Developing the right attitude toward other people – which is the basis of servant leadership (3) Psychological self-mastery – the foundation for authentic leadership.
ten characteristics of well-functioning teams:
• Purpose: Members proudly share a sense of why the team exists and are invested in...