1) Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals?
2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this?
A. Managers no longer need technical skills in subjects such as economics and accounting to succeed.
B. Managers need to understand human behavior if they are to be effective.
C. These skills enable managers to effectively lead human resources departments.
D. A manager with good interpersonal skills can help create a pleasant workplace.
3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills?
A. Technical, decisional, and interpersonal
B. Technical, human, and conceptual
C. Interpersonal, informational, and decisional
D. Human, informational, and communication
4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.
A. Corporate tactics
B. Human resources management
C. Organizational behavior
D. Corporate strategy
5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behavior of all individuals enable researchers to do?
A. Observe human behavior.
B. Research human behavior.
C. Predict human behavior.
D. Detect human behavior.
6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience?
D. Emotional labor
7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something?