Job Description: Care assistant nursing home
1. To act as a key worker for a number of service users.
Ensuring that you greet any service users, for whom you are a key worker, on admission to the home and assist them to settle in.
2. To assist the service users in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs.
3. Responding promptly to call bells
4. To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the nurse in charge.
5. To ensure that service users are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
6. To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles Etc fitted, cleaned and in working order.
7. To assist the service users in rehabilitation activities under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager and trained nursing staff.
8. To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
9. To pay due respect to service users' possessions and to ensure that bedrooms and communal areas are tidy and presentable.
10. To be resourceful in the use of supplies.
11. To work at all times, within the guidelines of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Employee Handbook and Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedure
12To be aware of all fire exit means of escape from the Home.
13To complete all Company Health and Safety and Fire checks as requested
14. To ensure readiness to commence work at the time stated on the Duty Rota and not to abandon duty without permission from the Home Manager or Nurse in charge.
15. To adhere to the policy relating to personal appearance and the uniform policy whilst on duty.
16. To ensure that articles for laundry are sluiced if soiled before placing into correct container.
17. to read and implement the Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Control
18. To ensure the appropriate segregation of waste...