Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Ryan Stapley
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Employer’s name – Tesco
Rate of pay e.g. £8.50 p/h
Hours worked e.g. 40 hours p/w
Holiday entitlement e.g. 25 days p/y
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and Saftey
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal – Line manager and trade union reps
External – citizens advice and legal professionals
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and...