* THIS PAGE IS A TITLE PAGE CONTAINING THE HYPOTHESIS AND ABSTRACT AND IS NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE MARKABLE 8 PAGES. READING OF THIS PAGE IS OPTIONAL FOR ANY EXAMINER AND IS ONLY INTENDED TO ESTABLISH THE REQUIRED MINDSET AND GIVE AN INSIGHT INTO THE DIRECTION OF MY ARGUMENT.
FAMILIAL EVOLUTION: From Flock to Family to Solitarian
" As an adaptable species, our family structures have changed over time to better suit our environment. Australian society is now moving towards a more individual and autonomous family structure."
* The Homo sapiens’ ability to adapt has ensured its survival for millions of years. Out of necessity our species has formed groups and family structures to cope with the changing social and physical climate that surrounds us. As a result, modern Australian society is now moving towards a more individual and autonomous family structure.
* In my research paper I will:
* Establish the extent of humanity’s adaptability and its effect on the family unit by examining family structures over several different socio-historic contexts;
* Identify the factors influencing the typical family structure in modern Australia and how they are pushing the family unit towards a more individual and autonomous structure; and
* Highlight the key areas of legal development in modern Australia and how they support my hypothesis
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” Charles Darwin.
The above quotation of the notorious evolutionary theorist, Charles Darwin, forms the basis of this research paper. It is my assertion that the family unit was formed as a result of humanity’s ability to adapt to it’s environment.
I will herein justify my claim that Australian society is now moving towards a more individual and autonomous family structure via the following line of reasoning: