Company cannot achieve its goals if it does not have the right set of employees. The employees in a company largely determine the success of the company. This is the reason why companies put in extensive efforts in choosing candidates for their company. Most of the times, skills and knowledge of the employee is considered to gauge his performance in the company. One factor that is being overlooked by most of the company owners is employee satisfaction.
Various surveys and researches have shown that employee satisfaction plays a pivotal role in performance of the candidate. If any company wants to draw out the best from its employees then it should provide best means to satisfy the need and requirements of its customers. Before one can know various ways to facilitate employee satisfaction, it is essential to understand what does it actually mean.
Definition of Employee Satisfaction
Employee satisfaction is the term used to describe a situation when employees are satisfied and contented with his job and the office environment.
Importance of Employee Satisfaction
Employee Satisfaction is of utmost importance in any organisation be it small or large. Thinking that employee satisfaction is important only for the employee then it is not right. It is equally important for the organisation for which the employee is working as well. The following points will show the importance of employee satisfaction easily.
• In light of the organisation:
1. It enhances employee retention and the company does not need to train employees repeatedly.
2. The overall productivity of the company is increased and it assists in achieving the goals of the company.
3. When employees are satisfied with their job they deal with customers in a better manner and thus customer satisfaction is achieved to great extent.
4. It helps the company in getting better services and products from its employees.
5. Money spent on training new candidates and recruitment of new...