Objective of the project
We want to analyse the impact of electrics cars, which is an incremental innovation in the automobile industry, on various industries that will be impacted due to this evolution, both positive and negative, like the petroleum industry, non-electric automobile industry and the environment in the emerging market like India and China. And the uncertainty involved in terms of the potential market and the uncertainty in the technology as to whether it will be able to live up to the expectation and high standards set by the current cars that run with petrol / Diesel and if it is able to do so , than how much more can it provide in terms of this new functionality and capability. Also we will try to figure which all ancillary industries will be required to support this and will they also have to come up with similar innovation like the batteries, which gets charged quickly and are lighter in weight, provides constant current through-out for a longer period of time.
How would we proceed (Data collection etc)
We would analyse the need of the customers and other stakeholders and try to find out the uncertainties of demand and growth potential based on related development in the industries such as renewable energy.
1. We would search for industry report and try to figure out the parameters which lead to growth in term of government and environmental regulation or process changes
2. Figure out how they went ahead with fore casting the future demands and how much it varied when it was actually launched.
3. Also we will try to find out the segmentation of the customers in terms of innovator, early adopters, late laggards etc.
4. Risks and challenges involved in this transition from petrol/diesel to electric cars
5. Study the importance of automobile and petroleum in general to other industries and how much will be the impact due to reduction in demand of it from the automobile industry and whether they are planning any strategy to cater to...