* Tutorial 1
1. A verb has to agree with its subject. (21)
2. Each pronoun should agree with its antecedent. (22)
3. Avoid sentence fragments. (19)
4. It’s important to use apostrophes correctly.(36)
5. Check for –ed verb endings that have been dropped. (27d)
6. Discriminate carefully between adjectives and adverbs. (26)
7. If your sentence begins with a long introductory word group, use a comma to separate the word group from the rest of the sentence. (32b)
8. Don’t write a run-on sentence. You must connect independent clauses with a comma and a coordinating conjunction or with a semicolon. (20)
9. A writer must be careful not to shift his or her point of view. (13a)
10. Watch out for dangling modifiers. (12e)
* Tutorial 2
1. Each of the candidates has decided to participate in tonight’s debate.
2. We had intended to go surfing but spent most of our vacation lying on the beach. (27b)
3. We looked at only two houses before buying the house of our dreams.
4. In Saudi Arabia, accepting a gift is considered ill mannered.
5. In Canada, Joanne picked up several bottles of maple syrup for her sister and me.
* Tutorial 3
* Tutorial 4
1. Changing attitudes toward alcohol have affected the beer industry.
2. It is human nature to think wisely and act foolishly.
4. Our goal this year is to increase our profits by 9 percent.
5. Most sleds are pulled by no fewer than two dogs and no more than ten.