Provide the board with a summary on the legal approach to cultural inclusion. Include your ideas of a strategy for how ABC Corporation can encourage inclusion in the new multicultural workplace
The legal approach to cultural inclusion is through the laws and regulations that encourage businesses to act in a fair and impartial manner towards its potential and current employees. The legal approach is to prevent discrimination The Civil Rights Acts of 1871, 1964, 1968, and 1991 discourage common types of discrimination Federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws make it a crime for an employer to discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, religion or creed. EEO goes beyond simply hiring somebody to include treating all employees fairly and justly ABC Corporation embrace diversity as a competitive advantage. Harmonizing and leveraging the diversity of our people will realize our full potential. In the spirit of global community, our diversity will unite us, and it will enhance the quality of our work and our work-lives.
Education is the key to developing an attitude of inclusion. The practice of inclusion provides the model of acceptance, belonging, participation, worth and dignity.” The benefits of diversity training in the workplace are obvious–men and women of different cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds work together and create a harmonious work environment.
* Diversity Training
* leadership programs
* Recognize, appreciate and utilize the unique insights, perspective and backgrounds of others
* Create an environment of trust, respect and tolerance
* Hold team builder exercises
* set up a mentoring program
* allow time off for religious reasons
* t Resolution and Mediation
* Use workplace moments involving diversity as an opportunity to begin conversations between employees
* An inclusive environment minimizes an insider vs. outsider culture to gain...