1.What factors contributed to Euro-Disney’s poor performance during its first year of operation? What factors contributed to Hong Kong Disney's poor performance during its first years?
· they were over charging there customers and breaking the customers banks, to where they could not afford to go there basically.
· when comparing flight prices, it was actually cheaper to go to Florida and stay there, rather than going to theirs also the weather in Florida is more suited to family conditions usually.
· they banned alcohol within the premises of the park.
· Disney was more concerned advertising on how big the park was, when they should have been advertising the entertainment side of the park and show that disney is fun filled family vacation event, that Disney is actually known for all around the world, or at least the United States.
· Hong Kongs Disney world, was trying to push to hard to make it happen and therefore made the park too small.
· the park did not differentiate themselves from the surrounding amusements parks in china, it was just like the others basically
· Hong Kong had very few rides compared to the theme park in Paris.
· Did not offer current or hit movie theme based rides that were popular in China at that time.
2. to what degree do you consider that these ffactors were (a) foreseeable and (b) controllable by EuroDisney, Hong Kong Diisney, or the parent company, Disney?
I believe that most of the mentioned factors were very foreseeable and controlable. It just depends on how hard the Disney companies were willing to look and observe the countries behaviors. When conducting business over seas, Disney should have hired some specialist in that specific country and scout out all of the possible aspects and new trends that are happening. If they would have done this, then they would have been able to minimize the failure rate tremendously. Also, Disney failed to adapt to their new countries environment from one market to the other, once...