Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Dannielle Nutton
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Date employment commenced
Hours of work
Duties and responsibilities
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and Safety
Pay and Pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Health and safety
Pay and pensions
Employment rights and responsibilities.
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal- Staff association representatives
External- Citizens advice bureaux
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Representative bodies can support employees by forwarding their complaints and making sure they are taken to the appropriate body so the complaints can be dealt with efficiently.