KEY TEST 1
I - Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others. (0,2)
1. A. passed B. watched C. played D. washed
2. A. proud B. about C. around D. would
3. A. market B. depart C. card D. scare
4. A. entrance B. paddy C. bamboo D. banyan
5. A. problem B. love C. box D. hobby
II - Choose the best answer from the four options given (marked A, B,C, or D) to complete each sentence. (0,2)
6. My house _________in 1986.
A. is built B. was building C. was built D. has been built
7. The doctor _________me not to stay up too late at night.
A. advised B. suggested C. insisted D. forced
8. Tomorrow we'll go to Noi Bai Airport to meet Maryam, _________comes from Malaysia.
A.who B. whom C. whose D. that
9. His house looks very large and beautiful. It is _________house.
A. a seven-room B. a seven-rooms C. seven room D. seven rooms
10. If you get up early, you _________late.
A. weren't B. wouldn't be C. aren't D. won't be
11. It's very hot today. I wish I _________on the beach now.
A. amB. was C. were D. had been
12. When he lived in the city, he _________to the theater twice a week.
A. uses to go B. has gone C. used to go D. was going
13. My father asked us _________too much time playing computer games.
A. not to spending B. did not spend C. not to spend D. to not spent
14. Hoai can not remember the name of the restaurant _________she ate her favorite roasted duck.
A. which B. whose C. whom D. where
15. If I were a flower, I _________a sunflower.
A. was B. were C. will be D. would be
16. Nobody went to the party, _________?
A. does he B. do they C. didn’t they D. did they
17. It is nearly 3 months _________he visited his parents.
A. while B. during C. since D. when